Tuesday, February 26, 2013


Schools should allow electronics

By Kylie M.

 

 

Kids these days are not allowed to have electronics in school but I think they could be used for a lot more. Like come on we live in the 21st century and we have computers, iPads and other stuff that some people did not have back then and we are still using pencil and paper like the olden days! In my opinion I think that we should be getting more use out of them.  Like computers were designed to type and surf the web and we are barely ever using them and I don’t think that’s fair at all like we are in fourth grade and we are old enough to know not to play with the computers and mess them up! Also the electronic that I have never seen at school is the iPad, like the iPad can be used to do educational stuff like for example we could use it for math and do some math games and other stuff.  Another way we could use it is for social studies so we could look up words and such.        

The last electronic I think we should have in school is a phone, the phone is not allowed in school because they think we are going to have them out all day but if you just make some rules for them I bet we wont do it! Also a reason why we should have it is because what if we forget something? We could just call home and ask for our parent to bring it to school and all our problems would be solved!

I think we should have electronics in school because we could use them for very important reasons like the computer we could use for writing class instead of having to use pencil and paper! Like once in writing I was trying to write and essay but I could not and something was hurting my hand so I stopped for a moment and I saw blisters every where from writing so much and it made it really hard for me to write any longer so I finally gave it a rest and stopped.

The next reason why we I think we should have electronics allowed in school is because we could use a lot more of electronics not just the computer. The electronic I had in mind was the iPad because we could use the iPad for all sorts of things! For example we could use the iPads for a lot of things like we could use them for math and social studies. For example we could use it for math games because sometimes in school we play math games so I thought we could have one all to our selves and save all our stuff on it instead of having accidentally not saving it right and having it get lost in cyber space. Also we should use it iPads for social studies because for example what if we have to write a word you don’t know how to spell it instead of having to ask the teacher you could just easily type it in and look how to spell it also if you don’t know the definition of a word just easily type it in and check the definition of the word you want.

The last electronic I wish to have in school is a phone, I wish to have phones in school because picture this, you walk into school and your running a bit late but then you realize that you left something at home! And you can’t afford to walk back home and you say to yourself what do I do? Well if we were allowed to have electronics you could easily get out your phone and call home and ask your parent if they could bring it to school for you and then your problem would be solved so I think that will do you good.       That’s why schools should allow electronics because it would put a lot of stress of our backs about homework.  Also it would be like a cushion to fall back on if you forget something at home.  So I hope you guys would consider this as something helpful and make that change and allow electronics in your school and ours.

 

6 comments:

  1. Great essay!!!!!!!! I like how you said, " like come on this is the 21st". No I diddent like it I loved it!!! I also think you shouldn't have used like in your writing, it dident sound very good when I read it. Also I think you should have talked more about the blisters. That was big!!!!!! But over all I bess I'd say I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. i loved your topic i like how the topic is reasnoble and could happen. i also like the 21st centry thing ! i just wish you could add more mini stories
    -abby

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree! That would rock! i can tell you feel strongly about this, and you give lots of reasons, and good ones too! This is a big problem that defenitly needs solving!-Margaret

    ReplyDelete