Tuesday, February 26, 2013


Less homework!

                       By Catherine Adams

 

As I packed up my homework I realized I had a ton of homework.  When I put on it felt like my backpack was going to burst instantly I was so stressed out because I had so many activities after school.  There was no time to do my homework.

We go right from school to be activities.  We have no time for are homework.  I get home from one of my after school   activities and I putt on the table my homework it looked like a year supply of homework to do.  I forgot to do part of my homework and I had to stay in for recess. 

When I get back home from school and I slam down my backpack I am just plain tired. This means that school and school work tires us out.  When I get home I just want to get comfortable on the couch and watch TV.  NO! The teachers don’t want us to do that because they load us down with homework.  This says that we are supposed to work all day non stop.  When I am tired after school it means that I have worked so hard that day and I just need a brake.  Teachers don’t realize that we are tired!  Not that we should not get homework we just need less.                                                                            When I am walking back home I see my friends having fun and playing.  I can’t play because I have a lot of homework.  I say to myself “it can wait.”  When I got back inside it was 6:00 and it was time for dinner.  I completely forgot all about my homework then remembered after dinner I had to stay up so late that night.                                                  

There is souch time in the day and it’s spent doing homework.  We should have less homework because we have after school activities, we are just plain tired and we want to spend time with our friends.   

 

 

 

4 comments:

  1. You used some good examples to explain why you don't like to do homework, but I wish that you also explained the benefits of doing homework. I wish that you could have come up with a solution so that you could still do homework and be able to play with friends and relax. The paragraphs are nice and long and I could feel your frustration with being assigned too much homework. I liked how you used a lot of your personality (voice) in the paragraphs.



    Tess

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think that is a very god idea because we have after school sports and we dont have time to do homework

    brooke

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved your story!!! I agree!!!!






    -jenni

    ReplyDelete
  4. luved yr essay! great detail and great topic!!!!!! i SO agree, less homework would be the best!
    -elizabeth :D

    ReplyDelete