Tuesday, February 26, 2013


           

 By Maddie Y.

 

                     More Recess makes a difference.

        I remember the days where we could go outside two times at school. That was when I was in kindergarten to second grade. That doesn’t happen when you are in fourth grade, which I am in. More recess is great because you get a lot of exercise, teachers have more time to correct the work that they don’t have time to do, and finally, we get to spend more time with friends.

        More recess makes a difference because we get a lot of exercise. When I was in second to third grade would, sometimes the   teachers would take us outside to play kickball. You don’t know it, but while you are outside having a good time, you are still getting a great exercise. Although, kickball isn’t the only way to get good exercise, you could play tag, or just run around for fun. It doesn’t matter what you do as long as you are having a good time.

        More recess makes a difference because the teachers have more time to correct the work that they don’t have time to do. One time while I was in second grade we had test on a Tuesday, my teacher said we would get them back on Thursday, but we ended up getting them back two weeks later. This change in the school day is better for students and teachers.

        More recess makes a difference because we get to spend more time with friends. Some of my best friends are in other classes and we pretty much never get to talk to each other. If we had more recess this wouldn’t be such a problem. I know there is such thing as play dates, but kids these days are really busy. I might not be, but some kids really are.

        All of these reasons have a meaning and all kids can relate to them. Let’s hope it even happens.

       

8 comments:

  1. I really liked the essay.I had a movie in my mind.


    - Marisa C.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very long you are right about the recess being two times a day for kindergardeners overall i loved it :}

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey hey maddie luved yr essay i remember those days when we had 2 recesses, ha good times! any who, luved ya essay! i liked how that u said that it would be good for teachers to! great info! so ya, remember me to make memmories!!!!!
    :}

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey maddie i really liked all the mini stories you had great details! i just wish your conclusion was a little more descriptive.
    -abby :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved it!!!!!! All the times being cooped up in our classrooms we do need excersice!!!! I think that the teachers will listen to you.!!!!!!!





    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved your essay I was so good.I agry that we should have more recess you get to see yor friends yah those were good days :)




    sophia bonfilio












    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi maddie,
    Ithough you put a lot of work into it and i think you should keep up the good work:) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. hiMaddie it's Kate Ithought it was great and I thought your lead was very good too.

    ReplyDelete