Tuesday, February 26, 2013


NO Y!
by:ANTONIO SIERON
 

          I should not have to go to the YMCA after school.  At the Y we are forced to do our homework and we should not have to do it at the YMCA. At  the Y we don’t have any choices in what we do.  I should not go to the Y because I have no friends there.

 

          Kids should not have to go to the Y.  If you go there they make you sign a sheet that says you have to do your homework at the Y.  Homework has the word home in it. That means it is work for home. Sometimes I need help and they don’t help.  Sometimes I don’t finish when everyone else does and they make me stay behind.

 

          Also at the Y we don’t have any choices in what we do.  When it is cold the staff makes us go outside and it’s freezing.  And when it was too cold we go to the gymn and there’s mats and they don’t even let us go on them.  I for one think it’s ridiculous that we can’t use the mats.   Sometimes if you don’t do the art project they make you read and do an essay.  And they should let us pick our choice.  I think the Y is not fun.

 

          I should not have to go to the Y because I have no friends there.  No one is nice to me. And the kids call me names and the staff doesn’t do much about it.  And I think that’s not right. 

 

Going to the Y is not fun.  One reason is that I have NO friends

 

there.  And were NOT aloud to pick are own choice.  Also

 

homework they don’t let us do it at home.  That’s why should NOT

 

have to go to the Y.  That is why I don’t want to go to the Y.

3 comments:

  1. Ms.Cottone
    I really enjoyed this writing piece. I found it funny but also felt the emotion you had when you wrote this essay. Keep it up! You have done a great job. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think u should of said more about the people calling u names. All teachers and staff r supost to protect u from bulling. But they did not. This means they did not do their job. So if u r tring to convince your mom that u should talk to her more about that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah its unfair that you have to keep being teased by the kids at the YMCA. If that's what it's really like at the Y, then you're right! You shouldn't have to go to the YMCA!
    -Margaret&Maya

    ReplyDelete