Tuesday, February 26, 2013


                          Homework gets in the way of things

                           By Elizabeth L.

 

                               I know homework gets in the way of a lot of things like exercise, entertainment, and calm living. Sometimes I wonder do we really need homework.  Every day I come home wanting to relax but instead I need to do homework.

                               One reason why I know homework gets in the way of things is because it gets in the way of exercise. Kids like me need exercise to be able to live a happy and healthy life! After school people pay money for sports so their kids get exercise. After school kids want to play with friends and play outside. The lack of exercise kids need is stopped by homework.

                               Another reason why homework gets in the way of things is because it takes up lots of our time when we really need to be entertained. Kids like me need to be entertained or else we would get bored. All the time in class I see people yawning, sometimes I even see people with their eyes closed too!

                               Finally, homework gets in the way of calm living. One day, it was after school and I was really tired.  I wanted to take it easy so I decided to take a short nap. All of a sudden I hear my mom yell, “Elizabeth! You need to do homework!”  No one likes to hear that! 

                               Homework may get in the way of a lot of things, but think about it, do we really need homework?  We already get six hours of school, and no homework will give us time to get exercise and to be entertained. Don’t you agree?

 

                                               

           

                            

2 comments:

  1. You are so right!!!!!!!! What a nice topic to write about!!! What a nice job.





    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. i really like this essay because the topic is talked about a lot you are really good at the mini stories. i just dont understand what calm living means? overall i really enjoyed reading your essay!
    -abby

    ReplyDelete