Tuesday, February 26, 2013

No Mcas


                                                I don’t think we should have to take Mcas       

 

 

 

                                                            By: Ashley P.

 

 

Why do we have to take Mcas? The reasons I don’t think we should have to take Mcas is because it stresses kids out, the teachers use us and as we get older the teachers expect more from us.

            Mcas is one of those tests that you feel you have to do awesome on it but, while kids are trying to prepare for it starts to get stressful and it’s not a good stress it’s a bad one. On the day of Mcas our parents do everything to get us ready for it, like make us eat a big breakfast and make sure that we got a goodnight’s sleep and that puts even more pressure on us. So if we do bad we kind of feel horrible, because everyone helped us get ready for it.

            Another reason I don’t think we should have to take Mcas is because the teachers use us. I know the reason that we have to take Mcas is because the teachers have to see what were doing good at and bad at. But couldn’t the teachers think of an easier way instead of a test that you get so stressed out about that you feel like your brains going to roll out of your head?

            And to conclude I think we shouldn’t have to take Mcas because as we get older the teachers expect more from us. When the teachers expect more from we expect more from us. I know it’s only fourth grade the second year of taking Mcas but at the beginning of the week our teacher started talking about the scores and other things and that got us worried about how we’ll do and if we get  a good score. I know that we can’t change the rules about Mcas but I do think we can change it a little!

7 comments:

  1. Maddie Y. Ashley, I love your essay. I love how you wrote something that everyone agrees with. I also love it because everything you said is true. What I wish you did was you could have used a conclusion as a different paragraph. Your essay is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i totally agree with your topic btw this is abby this topic really caught my eye ! i just wish you had more mini stories
    -abby :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. its Nicole! you can write even beter and even longer then me. I really do agree with you I really don't like mcas ether because im not the best reader.

    ReplyDelete
  4. luved yr essay ashley! lots of detail and you really told yr readers about MCAS i luved yr essay! you made me think.............. wow i really DO NOT like MCAS!!!!!


    -lizzie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ashley I also love your essay. I agree with you I don't think we should have MCAS. I get stressed and worried too. One thing I think you could have done better on is make the last reason and the conclusion two different paragraphs because when people read it they might say to themselves " where is the last reason?" Before they get to that part. Jocelyn D.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i agree that wer shouldnt have to take MCAS. i think all your opinions are really great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i totally agree. everyone hates mcas!
    - Casey Waldman

    ReplyDelete