Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Maniac Magee

Right now Maniac Magee isn't the best book I have ever read. It confuses me a little because the chapters tell you about all different things without giving you a lot of description. Also I feel like there is not much of a story theme. But I do like that the author gives you a ton of figurative language. I am really picturing the book in my mind. I think in a little while the book's confusion and vivid language will come together and make the book a really good one.
-KM

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree! I am confused with all the different places and characters. I also wonder about things they talk about like the clump of string.

    AG:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree too!!! The book will get better though I just know it! Besides why would Ms. Stodden like it so much?
    ~JR

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lot of times when a book starts out confusing, it keeps you guessing and wanting to read more. Often the author has to introduce a lot of characters to lay the ground work before the real story starts. You have to enter the world of the book to understand the story. Hang in there! :) Ms. S

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with all of you guys it is confusing it goes back and forth back and forth :(
    it is a great book to do a graphic novel on

    Ben :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope Maniac Magee will get better, i'm sure it will if all the 5th grade teachers are reading it to their class it must be pretty good.
    ~ NL:)~

    ReplyDelete