Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Pressure

Pressure can be good and bad. It can cause people to have an anxious personality or pressure can make you work harder. I think it is unfair that people have pressure. This what I may do if I have pressure: I 1. jump, 2. stomp, 3. punch the air, or 3. go outside to play.
If I have pressure I have troubles about something. It means I have too much on my plate. When I feel I have too much on my plate, I create a plan to help me with everything.
Now I will tell you a story. One day I was doing my homework and saw I had to much of it. So, I decided to break it down into parts. I did one subject, then a break, one subject and a break until I was finished with two subjects. It was a good run until during the middle of a problem I needed help. So I called in my dad. He told me how to do the problem and showed me how to make it more fun. Calling in a parent always helps me with my homework.
I’m going to give you an example of when pressure can be good. One time I was playing basketball and we were down 10 points. Our point guard put in 2 lay-ups and hit a jump shot. Now the score was 40-36. The time left was 2:00 minutes. I got put in the game, now 1:00 minute left. We scored, 40-38 now. 30 seconds. It was passed, I was on D, I knew if I lunged and missed the game was over. I took the chance anyway. The whole crowd staring wide eyed at me. I connected and stole the ball. 10 seconds. I dribbled up the court, layed it up and scored! We pressed and got the ball and won! Final score 42-40.
So with all of this pressure you need ways of getting rid of it. Here are some other ways you can let go. 1. Walk through slush 2. Go skiing 3. Go on a vacation, and if all else fails watch T.V.

By Calvin Shimansky

No comments:

Post a Comment