Thursday, March 1, 2012

ESSAY

If I Had a Sister...

By Rachel Lucas

Many people don’t realize that sisters help you through life, but I’ve come to know that they truly do,” that’s what my friends say because they have sisters, but I DON’T! So I say “If I had a sister, life would be easier.” My life would be easier because brothers don’t hang out with you, and just ignore you when you’re trying to talk. Brothers don’t help you, and if they do help you with homework or something, they give you the wrong answer. Also brothers don’t understand you because they are boys and I’m a girl, that’s why moms come in handy but moms aren’t always around. In addition to that, when you’re trying to tell them something, they just walk away!

Maybe if I had a sister, she would hangout with me because my brothers DO NOT! For example, there’s no one to hang out with besides friends, but friends aren’t always home! And your brothers IGNORE you! One day I was REALLY bored and I wanted to play a game that needed more than 2 people. I asked my brothers if they wanted to play. Mark said, “I’m watching T.V. and anyways, I HATE that game!” So I asked my other brother, Richie if he wanted to play. He replied saying, “NOOOOO!!! I WANT TO PLAY THE WII!!!” I told my mom and she said that Richie had to play but Mark didn’t. I told her that MORE than 2 people had to play the game! She said, “Fine, your dad and I will play with you guys!” Richie was angry and had an attitude the whole game. If I had a sister, she would probably play without being forced and wouldn’t be angry the whole time! My friend Caroline says, “A sister is a best friend!” My other friend Brynn knows how great a sister can be. She said,” Once I was riding with my sister, having a blast. We were going to see the movie Ramona and Beezus. I was having so much fun! My sister was 17 so we could go by ourselves. We had popcorn, candy, and watched a great movie! On the way back, we talked and talked and talked! I got to know her a lot better!” So Brynn hung out with her sister and had a great time.

Also if I had a sister, maybe she would help me when I need it because my brothers DO NOT! For example, “when helping others, don’t look for a reward; if you’re looking for a reward, don’t help others!” my friend Caroline needed braids in her hair, but her mom wasn’t home and her dad was really bad at it! Her brothers wouldn’t have a clue on how to do it, so she couldn’t get her hair in braids! If she had an older sister, she would know how to do it. So Caroline is just like ME, we don’t have sisters to do our hair! Caroline said, “I would want an older sister and a younger sister because older sisters you can look up to, and younger sisters are cute and adorable and can look up to ME!”

Another example of my life being easier is how a sister would understand me more. For example, “It is our brothers and sisters that we learn to love, share, negotiate, start and end fights, hurt others, and save face. The basis of healthy (or unhealthy) connections in adulthood is cast during childhood.” That quote is a little confusing to me but it makes sense if you read it over and over again. Another example is my friend Jenna has 2 sisters and 1 brother. She said her sisters understand her more than her brother does. In addition, when I’m trying to talk to my brothers about something, they don’t understand me and just ignore what I’m saying! If I had a sister maybe she would ACTUALLY listen and understand me!

So what I’m really trying to say is that sisters help you through the ups and downs of life. If you have a sister, you know what I’m talking about and understand my difficulty of NO SISTERS!

THE END!=)


No comments:

Post a Comment