Thursday, March 1, 2012

Be yourself!

By:Caroline Dalton*

If you look around you are 99% guaranteed to see people not acting like
themselves. People don’t realize that they HAVE to be themselves. It is so
super important. It happens every day, sometimes we don’t notice it. I’ve come
to know that if you be yourself your life is easier. If you be yourself your
true beauty will shine.
If you be yourself your true beauty
will shine because you will be known as a copy-cat if you’re not yourself. For
example, my friend told me that one time her cousin did EXACTLY what she was
doing. She ALWAYS told her to stop, her cousin just said, “Are you kidding?
You’re the one copying me.” I have a
quote it’s, “Copying people shows you don’t believe in yourself.” I asked
everyone in my class if others copy them 100% the class said yes. I also asked
everyone if they copy others, 50% of the class said yes and 50% said no. My
friend Rachel L. said her cousin copies everything she does. There is one problem;
her cousin is a boy wanting to be a girl. She gets mad and frustrated. If you
copy someone if shows weakness. DO NOT copy people. It’s the wrong thing to do.
If you be yourself your true beauty
will shine because if you be your enemy you can become your enemy. For example
a friend of mine told me that his enemy copies everything he does. He gets
really annoyed. When he tells his enemy to stop, the other kid acts like he
never copied him. My point is the other boy isn’t himself so in a way he is his
own enemy. Another example is, my friend Rachel L told me her enemy wants Rachel
to be her. One time Rachel was at her house, and when the 2 of them were
walking down the stairs, the other girl told her to do the exact same thing
when they were walking. Rachel did until she got CRAZY and didn’t feel
comfortable doing that. Rachel stopped and her enemy started copying her.
Rachel told her to stop, she never would. They stopped being friends after
that. The reason they stopped being friends was the other girl got mad at her
for copying and became enemies with herself. Always remember you can’t spell
beautiful without BE YOU. ALWAYS be yourself so you don’t make yourself your
own enemy.
If you be yourself your true beauty
will shine because if you’re someone else you are hiding from who you are. For
example, one time all the girls on my softball team were at my house practicing
before the game. My neighbor came outside and was wearing a skirt sitting on a
swing. She sees my teammates and I practicing and goes inside. When she comes
out again she’s wearing her sister’s softball clothes. Just remember be
yourself. I interviewed my 2 friends Rachel and Madeline, they both went to a
camp and told me a girl there stole their ideas in art. She always sat next to
them so she could see what she was drawing or painting. Every single day she
would steal their ideas. Because of this they weren’t friends. If she painted
her own things the 3 could be friends. Being yourself is also a way to make
more friends. Life is easier when you don’t have to hide.
If you be yourself it’s great. It
shows you can follow your heart no matter what others say. I’d rather be hated
for who I am than to be loved for who I’m not. If you are yourself your true
beauty will shine.

1 comment: