Friday, January 15, 2010

Reading

All of the fifth grade students are going to read many MCBA books. We have many choices like Horns and Wrinkles, Paint the Wind, Swindle, The London Eye Mystery, The Lemonade War, and Feathers, just to name a few. Our class is on our 5th MCBA book. MCBA stands for Massachusetts Children’s Book Award. We’ve just finished our 4th MCBA book project. We had the choice to make a book bag or do a book talk. Both were done in front of the class. Most kids were really nervous, but some where calm in front of the crowd.
This session, there are four guided reading groups, but only three guided reading books. The three books are Schooled, Loser, and The Liberation of Gabriel King. For each guided reading session, we have a theme. This session’s theme is about kids who don’t fit, trying to fit in. Remember to get your reading signature, to prove that you have been reading.

3 comments:

  1. I've read most of those books. I'm in the Schooled guided reading group. I think the book was really good. The author, Gordan Korman, has different charactors be the narrator for each chapter. I really liked the book, and think other people will too. The lesson in the book is, just because your different, it doesn't mean your weird.
    L.S

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you said some books.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read most of these MCBA books I liked them all. In the Guided Reading I am reading Loser it is really good.I would recemend it. B,R

    ReplyDelete