Friday, January 22, 2010

Math
This week we worked on a project called “skittle project”. This is how it worked. We were pared up with a partner. Then each group got 10 skittles. Then we put all the oranges skittles in a group, all the greens skittles in a group, all the purples in a group, all the reds in a group, and all the yellows in a group. Then we put the numbers in a data table. We put them first in fractions then we put them in percents. Example: 40% of green skittles or 4/10. Then we put the data into a pie graph. Then we put the pie graph on the white board. Then it was the end of class. So we got to eat half of the skittles which was 5 each. Then on the way out the door Mr. Heath gave us a couple more skittles before we went to are homeroom.

Stas S.
&
Joey K.

5 comments:

  1. I loved this so much. I thought that you did all the right details!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dont agree with some of the stuff they said but they did do a pretty good job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Skittle Project was lots of fun. At the end all of the graphs looked great! The skittles were also very good.

    EC

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the skittle project was the best project in math. I think you put all the detals.I liked the eating part the best.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you should have put more details about how you change it from a fraction to a percent. but I think you did a good job.


    JM

    ReplyDelete