Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Elijah of Buxton

I read chapters 14, 15 , and 16 in the book Elijah of Buxton, and now I think I have a pretty good idea of what is going to happen in the next part of the book. When Mrs. Holton gives 2,200 dollars to Mr. Leroy to buy his family out of slavery, it seems too good to be true. Then, Mr. Leroy has to figure out how to buy his family out of slavery. When a character named the Preacher, who has proven to be a lying conman-like person throughout the book offers to do it for him, things can't turn out good. No one should trust a man like the preacher but apparently, Mr. Leroy does. I predict that preacher will try to make a run with the money, keep it all to himself, and never return to Buxton again. Another thought I had was that the preacher might spend all the money, and try to convince Mr Leroy that it was the right thing to do. He did the same to Elijah with the fish, so why wouldn't he do it again? Those are my thoughts.

J.S.

No comments:

Post a Comment