Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Erin's MCBA Book Project

Tyler looks out the window of his bedroom and can't believe what he is seeing.
He rubs his eyes. Still there! Some strange people are coming out of the trailer where the hired help usually stays. They have brown skin and black hair, and although they don't wear feathers or carry tomahawks, they sure do look like the American Indians in his history’s textbook last year
in fifth grade.


I think that Tyler is little scared because strangers are trespassing on his farm. This makes me think of how hard it would be if people I didn’t know were randomly walking on my farm (if i had one.) If these people hadn't bin real strangers and Tyler new that they were that hired help I think he would've acted very differently to the site of these people. Although Tyler didn’t know who these people were I think that he handled it very well. If I were Tyler I would be scared that these people were going to hurt me or my family, Tyler might have felt this way to. On the other hand Tyler understands they need to do to save the farm. In addition Return to Sender is a grate book, I highly recommend it

1 comment:

  1. Great job thinking about the intentions of this character. What do you think the character. What do you think he/she wants to teach us about these two groups of people? What is Tyler scared of?
    Ms. S

    ReplyDelete